Monday 2 February 2015

Observations #5

January is a dry month whether you've given up drink or not. Inspiration is thin on the ground as you attempt to organise focus and direction for the year ahead. However for the first time in goodness knows how many years I knew exactly where I was. No more surprise magazine folds or clients to chase, attract, ditch or hope for. This year started as it ended with my work intact, not bad for a freelancer. Not that I'm resting on my laurels. No freelancer worth their salt would think for one minute that all is safe and sound, but not having to currently motivate myself or think about networking, pitches or my portfolio (still haven't done that website!) is a joy. Which made moving into February even more of a pleasure, plus the glass of red wine breaking the back of virtue.

Sometimes having space allows for creative thinking and I've been inspired by my winter walks with my dog to observe colour and light. The weekend walks allow me to notice a myriad of items and absorb their beauty. I have actually developed a fascination with logs! But this is a good thing because looking at matter is a way to imagine space, proportions and relevance. My log love in is taking over my Instagram (which is katetwistedskirt). I'm surprised how many people are being beguiled by logs too! Expect to see logs in a photo shoot soon...





Spot the heart(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment